May 26th at John Wayne: An American Experience
Join us for a day full of good ol’ fashion western fun celebrating the Duke’s birthday! From 12-6pm, we will have live music, food, western games, and more in front of John Wayne: An American Experience. In addition, we also have special events free and open to the public:
- 11:30am: Cattle Drive - Enjoy the world’s only twice daily cattle drive on E. Exchange Ave
- Noon: John Wayne Dedication - In partnership with Fort Worth city officials, a proclamation will be made in honor of John Wayne Day and the Wayne Family will be ceremoniously sharing the Duke’s legacy with the local community.
- 1-2pm: Jimmy Don Signing! - Jimmy Don from JDH Iron Signs & HGTV’s Fixer Upper will be signing John Wayne Iron Signs
- 2pm: Live Western Gunfight - Enjoy a live reenactment of an old western gunfight by Heroes of the Old West.
- 2:30: Children’s Book Reading - John Wayne’s grand-daughter, Anita Swift, will be doing a live reading of our children’s book, America, Why I Love Her and we will be giving away our brand new Little Duke Sheriff Stickers!
- 4pm: Cattle Drive - Enjoy the world’s only twice daily cattle drive on E. Exchange Ave
The Wayne Family is honored to be putting roots down in the Fort Worth and is looking forward to celebrating with the community!
John Wayne: An American Experience is located at 2501 Rodeo Plaza, next to the Cowtown Coliseum.
No purchase is required, this is a free event. Tickets to visit the museum are available here.
Tags: Family Fun
John Wayne: An American Experience
2501 Rodeo Plaza
Fort Worth, TX 76164