Experience a vintage train excursion!
This excursion starts in the Historic Fort Worth Stockyards. Passengers will then ride along the rails on the historic Cotton Belt Route for 30 minutes before returning to Stockyards Station. This excursion is perfect for families with small children or those who just want to get the experience of riding on a train.
*NOTE: Online advance ticket sales are not available for this excursion. Tickets for the Trinity River One-Hour Train Excursion, originating in the Fort Worth Stockyards, will not be available online and will be sold ONLY at the Stockyards Station Ticket Booth. Cancellations or delays are likely to occur due to rail traffic, construction and other unforeseen circumstances.
- Operates most Saturdays and Sundays between early March and mid-November
- Between June 1 and August 17, Friday excursions will also be available
- Boarding begins in Fort Worth Stockyards: 2:30 p.m. (approximate)
- Departs: 2:45 p.m. (approximate)
- Stockyards arrival: 3:45 p.m. (approximate)
- Please note that passengers do not de-board the train during the ride. The train will reverse direction on the tracks to return to the Stockyards
- This excursion does not travel to Grapevine
- Tickets only available for purchase at the Stockyards Station Ticket Booth. The ticket booth opens at approximately 1 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday only. Ticket prices are $10-$12.
March 3 – November 18 Saturday and Sunday
March 12 – 16 Spring Break week (running all week)
March 17 Grapevine to Stockyards excursion departs at 11 AM – NOTE TIME CHANGE
Trinity River Excursion departs at 12:45 PM – NOTE TIME CHANGE
March 17 Kiss Me I’m Irish Express – Grapevine only
March 24 Grapevine to Stockyards excursion departs at 11 AM – NOTE TIME CHANGE
Trinity River excursion departs at 12:45 PM – NOTE TIME CHANGE
March 23 & 24 Jazz Wine Train – Grapevine only
April 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22 Day Out With Thomas (no trains to Stockyards)
Monday, May 29 Memorial Day
June 1 – August 19 Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Monday, September 3 Labor Day
Friday, October 26 Witches Brew Train – Grapevine only
November 23 – December 23 North Pole Express – Grapevine only
Dates TBD Christmas Wine Train – Grapevine
Date TBD Christmas Wine Train – Fort Worth
Dates TBD After Christmas Trains
Saturdays and Sundays only until Memorial Day (it will run Memorial Day). Friday-Sunday excursions begin June 1st until August 19th. During Spring Break, March 12-16, the train will run every day.
2:30 p.m.: Train arrives at Stockyards Station
2:45 p.m.: Trinity River Ride departs (one hour excursion)
4:05 p.m.: Train re-boards in the Stockyards
4:15 p.m.: Train returns to Grapevine
Trinity River Ride: $12 for first class and $10 for touring.
**Schedule is subject to change.
140 East Exchange Ave.
Fort Worth, TX 76164